ApPLICATIONS FOR 2018 ARE NOW OPEN!
Applications for 2018 run through February 28th, 2018.
Rewarding environmental Initiative
Action For Nature (AFN), a non-profit organization, has created the International Young Eco-Hero Awards to recognize and reward the successful individual environmental initiatives of young people ages 8 to 16. AFN encourages young people around the world to carry out individual environmental action projects. We believe that young people can have a positive impact on the environment and are vital in changing the way we live on our planet.
Winners are selected by a team of independent judges with experience in environmental issues.
Winners will receive:
CERTIFICATES FOr OUTSTANDING EFFORTS TO HELP PROTECT AND PRESERVE THE ENVIRONMENT
Just as importantly, winners will serve as role models for other young people by demonstrating that each individual can make a difference.
To apply, applicants who have initiated an environmental project of their own will document it by completing our online application form.
- The project concerns environmental health, advocacy, research or protection of the natural world.
- The project is action-based and self-initiated, and not one assigned by a teacher or other adult.
- The project is close to completion or was completed within the last year.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 8 and 16 on February 28th in the year of application.
- Science Fair and Scouting Badge projects will only be considered if they include environmental action, educational outreach to others or extended studies beyond the Science Fair and Scouting Badges.
- We do not accept (a) projects related to domestic or confined animals, (b) compositions or reports.
- Previous winners, immediate relatives of AFN board members, active reading panel members, or judges, may not apply.
- We are only able to accept English language applications.
Preference is given to projects of 2+ years and/or ongoing projects.
The applications will be judged according to several criteria, including but not limited to:
- length of time devoted to the project
- influencing/educating others
- use of outside resources (e.g. library, experts, media, community leaders)
- degree of success in reaching goals
- the impact on the environment